The U.S. carrier race for best 4G LTE coverage continues. Last week, AT&T proclaimed itself the king of LTE in North America, with about 355 million people covered under its 4G LTE – more than any other carrier. Meanwhile, despite this recognition, Verizon continues to outperform its competitors with the best overall network performance...
According to recent data, there were 755 million total LTE connections globally at the end of Q2 2015. More specifically, North America increased its 4G connection base by 49 percent in the past year to reach 197 million.
Throughout the year, carriers have worked to improve their offerings, including better WiFi performance and expanded LTE coverage. These improvements – and others on the horizon – paint a bright future for network performance in 2015.
An infographic comparing U.S. carriers’ 2G/3G, 3G+ and LTE network coverage (AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon). Based on speed tests of working 4G LTE signals and networks across the U.S., we can get a good view of 4G connectivity.
As more users utilize 4G LTE capabilities, the overall quality of networks around the world is rapidly improving. But in terms of good coverage and fast speeds, LTE still has a long way to go to achieve its full potential.
In light of the 2013 study revealing that mobile data usage is happening at an unprecedented rate, research also revealed that a mere 0.1 percent of LTE subscribers are responsible for as much as half of 4G data usage.
According to recent studies, we're consuming data faster than ever. Operators are turning to “offloading” to handle the data traffic crowding their mobile networks, particularly as technology like LTE continues to steadily flourish.
While fast speeds and easy access to mobile Internet make LTE the next generation mobile technology, LTE devices are also more susceptible to security threats than their 3G counterparts. Defend your mobile device against increasing malware threats...
When it comes to wireless, speed is everyone’s number one priority -- but there’s more to this lightning-fast technology than just speed. Wireless network latency plays a considerable role in maintaining the speed of LTE and other high-speed wireless technologies.
With its incredibly fast speeds and easy access to mobile Internet, LTE is considered the next generation mobile radio technology. This heat map displays the progress that LTE has made across the world, with different regions at various levels of integration...
Smartphone users are taking longer to upgrade their older phones with newer models. Since the very health of the “mobile ecosystem” depends on users feeling the need to always have the latest technology, experts say that without a quick upgrade cycle, mobile growth will slow down substantially.
These diagrams provide us with a great view of 4G connectivity in areas that haven't yet been officially announced by carriers -- and it's also a great visualization that allows us to get a concrete and tangible look at the increasing overall proliferation of LTE.
As the U.S. top wireless carriers begin the homestretch of deploying upgraded LTE systems, it’s becoming clear that the future for LTE is limitless. The current infrastructure being built by mobile carriers is based on FD (frequency-division) LTE – the earliest version of the wireless broadband system.
According to a recent telecom industry report by Moffett Research, of the thousands of tablets purchased every day, only 20 percent have wireless capabilities. Consumers purchasing the other 80 percent of tablets choose to make do with only Wi-Fi – and more in-depth research shows why.